Reply To: Choice confusion and the anti-inflammatory diet

Home Forums ELO Forum Choice confusion and the anti-inflammatory diet Reply To: Choice confusion and the anti-inflammatory diet

Gillian

Dory, reading this post of yours again, I thought of two things that may be of use.

One is that olive oil is (unfortunately) often watered down with industrial seed oil, which is highly inflammatory. I’ll see if I can find some research on this, but I’ve heard it from a number of sources. I wonder, too, why you mentioned olive oil as being “mostly” part of the Medit diet and not butter, cheese, yoghurt, eggs? I’d think it would be the other way around.

The second thing is you saying you still feel deprived of foods that are especially unhealthy for you because you don’t feel like you have got a choice. The key here is in knowing the feeling is the last to change, not the first. First, you challenge the BELIEF that you don’t have a choice to eat unhealthy food. Then, the feeling follows later. You challenge the belief by remembering: “bad choices are still choices” and “I don’t need to eat unhealthy foods in order to prove that I’m free to eat them”.