Reply To: Holidays. A couple questions for Gillian, thank you

Home Forums ELO Forum Holidays. A couple questions for Gillian, thank you Reply To: Holidays. A couple questions for Gillian, thank you

Jane
Participant

Thanks, Louise!

That is so helpful and resonates with what Gillian said in response to another post I wrote about the penny dropping slowly. In fact, your response really brings that home more. For me there is a strong sense of urgency to “get these eating problem over with” and “overcome it” and “get it out of my life.” But that is big picture and also pressurizing thinking that is putting such an agenda on everything I do i.e. if I tackle this little thing, is that my problem over? Has it gone yet?

So I think, drawing from your input, I need to be less obsessed with the destination and look for the benefits in the small changes I am making and just keep it that simple. For example, my next experiment is to not eat such giant evening meals. Will I sleep better? Will my digestion feel better? etc etc.

I’ve been so obsessed with getting this problem over, that I haven’t been focused on the present.

Thanks so much!