Reply To: Reflections on what I have learnt so far…..

Home Forums ELO Forum Reflections on what I have learnt so far….. Reply To: Reflections on what I have learnt so far…..

Mo
Participant

Thank you Judith for your response and insight. Yes where you say alcohol I’d put sugar (as in chocolate, biscuits, cake, ice cream). I am addicted to sugar. So the intensity of the feeling makes me resist working through my AD.
Last night for example I overate on biscuits. Today all my joints hurt and I feel like I’m hungover. So was that few minutes of pleasure worth it. An emphatic NO.

So yes I do want to experiment with working through my AD. I need to remember your visualisation and picture myself the next day feeling like I am right now. Then I will start to make the necessary changes. Sometimes I take the easiest path at the time which is to allow the overeating, especially during holiday times when you’re trying to join in and be sociable.
I think I will start experimenting this week. There is so much festive food around me but I can choose when and how much if any to have fully accepting the consequences.

Thank you again Judith. It’s good to know I’m not on my own.