Reply To: Slave to the scales.

Home Forums ELO Forum Slave to the scales. Reply To: Slave to the scales.

guadalupe
Participant

I think that dodging the weight loss and using the scale is essential for the course to have an effect. Especially if we let that number prove our worth. That is, it is not only weighing yourself but it is judging yourself and giving yourself value for that number.

This is my third lap of the course. I just stopped weighing myself a few months ago, about 4 months. And it is from there when I clicked on many things and was able to implement several of Gillian’s techniques, to the point of leaving aside the overeating many times. It is a long road, and a daily job. But it is not that you have to work so much to see results and changes. By this I mean that I did not do the course 100% perfect as I would have liked; so and everything I see results.

It takes time to incorporate so much material. And I think the important thing is to rewatch the videos, or listen them. With daily work, I do not mean that you have to be sitting at the computer every day watching the videos and taking notes. Putting the videos in the car, to listen to them, or when going for a walk, also has an effect. Because it is to be reconnecting every day with the ideas of the course. And above all to detect where one is weakest and needs to learn to see it differently.