Reply To: Seeing the light

Home Forums ELO Forum Seeing the light Reply To: Seeing the light

Gillian

I absolutely agree with you, Caroline, that 25g carbs is too low for you, and remember I do suggest making a series of smaller, more gradual changes. Much better to aim to include some healthier carbs such as sweet potatoes and best quality rice? I’m currently enjoying a mix of organic basmati and wild rice, and not huge amounts.

With the significant changes you’ve made, though, it’s likely you have considerably less systemic inflammation now, which could account for the sweating and dreaming at night. Lower inflammation allows for greater detoxification, which kicks in mostly while we sleep. Inflammatory molecules do cross the blood-brain barrier, so lower levels could account for the unusual dreams. If you’ve not seen it yet, check out my summary “Your food and your health” page about inflammation.

As for the salted caramel bites, I do say – OFTEN – that I fully expect everyone to follow their intentions imperfectly – and I even encourage it!!! What’s good about this is that you don’t seem to be stuck in an all-or-none mindset, figuring you’ve fallen off the wagon so might as well return to your old ways.

And finally, regarding your confusion about macro proportions, I’d continue to aim for lower and healthier carbs but to fine-tune that so you’re not too low. Looks like you’ve already got the good fats and proteins sorted.