Reply To: Feeling put in the cell

Home Forums ELO Forum Feeling put in the cell Reply To: Feeling put in the cell

Brittany Weiler
Participant

Thanks so much for your response. I would love the written exercise–sometimes it’s difficult to discover what my own expectations are for myself. I think for me, being “successful” means I have more control over what I choose to eat–that I don’t feel like I “have to” give in to an addictive desire, and that maybe 85% to 90% of the time I am able to work through the desire and abstain from eating something that doesn’t benefit my health. Right now, it’s probably about, I don’t know, 30%? I just reviewed the video you suggested and feel so silly for having forgotten about the limbic system/prefrontal cortex relationship. I think I just need to watch the entire webinar again to help it sink in. I appreciated your reminder at the beginning of 4.3 that my limbic system is going to get fired up every.single.time, so I need to stop getting upset about the times I feel my addictive desire, thinking that it “should” have gone away by now with my efforts. I also truly am grateful for your perspective at looking at those difficult food times as opportunities instead of albatrosses to bear.