Reply To: I don’t think I’m really choosing

Home Forums ELO Forum I don’t think I’m really choosing Reply To: I don’t think I’m really choosing

Jenny Rocke
Participant

Thanks Gillian, I have done the exercise from week 5 and thought it would be useful to post my answers here:

I have to stop overeating because…

…I am ruining my health.
…I can continue to overeat, and have poor health as a result.

…I will end up with diabetes/heart disease or other serious problems if I carry on like this.
…I can carry on eating this way, and will sooner or later develop serious health problems.

…I want to set a good example to my girls, and bring them up eating healthy food.
…I can continue to overeat, and set a poor example in my relationship with food.

…I have poor self-esteem which will only improve if I can take control of my overeating.
…I can continue to overeat, and will always have poor self-esteem.

…I am fed up of feeling sluggish, bloated and heavy all the time.
…I can continue to overeat and spend every day feeling sluggish, bloated and heavy.

…I am fed up of constantly thinking about food, overeating and how to solve the problem. I don’t want to waste any more time on my preoccupation with food.
…I can continue to overeat, and spend a lot of time thinking and worrying about it.

…All the sugar I eat is terrible for my mental health, and I don’t want to lapse into depression again.
…I can continue to overeat, and suffer from poor mental health as a result.

…My mood is massively affected by what I eat.
…I can continue to overeat and suffer the low moods, anxiety and irritability that does with it.

…I don’t sleep well after overeating.
…I can continue to overeat and suffer from poor quality sleep.

…I am wasting so much money on food I don’t need.
…I can continue to overeat and spend all that money on food I don’t need, rather than saving the money or putting it to better use.

…I want to start running again but I don’t have the energy or motivation to exercise after overeating.
…I can continue to overeat and not bother doing any exercise.

…Stopping eating sugar is the only way to protect my mental health and physical health.
…I can keep eating a lot of sugar and suffer from the health problems that it will cause.

…Overeating causes me to feel irritable, have poor energy and affects my ability to be a good mum.
…I can continue to overeat, and not be the best mum I can be because of my poor energy, low mood and irritability.

…I don’t want to die young and miss out on all those extra years with my children/future grandchildren.
…I can continue to overeat and potentially miss out on those extra years.

…If I don’t stop overeating now I’m going to waste the rest of my 30s feeling miserable because of it.
…I can continue to overeat and still be miserable because of it in years to come.