Reply To: Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course!

Home Forums ELO Forum Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course! Reply To: Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course!

Olina
Participant

Thanks Guadalupe and Lara, I’m glad I’m not the only one!

I did MUCH better yesterday. Asking myself “How will I feel after eating this?” before I eat was definitely missing before.

The other thing was taking responsibility for my choices. I have the freedom to eat anything and everything, but I also have to live with the consequences. Seeing the whole picture of overeating – not just the fun tasty bit at the beginning, but the stuffed and guilty feeling for hours after. Thinking about how I am responsible for my eating makes me want to take care of myself with nutritious food in moderate quantities, not to starve or stuff myself.

Recently I’ve been reading/thinking about how to build a stronger sense of self, so this all fits in with that. Only I can be the expert on me, only I am in charge of the decisions I make regarding me.

I made a Plan to have porridge after getting home from work late (it’s filling and easy to digest before bed). On the cycle home from work I asked myself “How will I feel after eating this?” and prepared myself to feel a little hungry after my porridge, remembering how Gillian said that the Desire often shows up at the end of a meal in the form of hunger. I usually come home ravenous and often eat past what I intended to eat, but today I was expecting not to feel full for a while and so was forearmed. I chose this. It worked! I’m so happy I posted.