Reply To: Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course!

Home Forums ELO Forum Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course! Reply To: Gillian – please help, overeating more since starting the course!

Olina
Participant

Gillian – yes, I totally get what you mean. I was thinking earlier that there would have been a good reason why you had used the terms “owning your choices”.

I know someone told me to “take responsibility” (or if I told myself I HAD to take responsibility), then I would probably dive head first into a bucket of food in rebellion.

I don’t know why it’s resonating for me so much right now. It feels like it’s coming from a really positive place though, from a place of total freedom and being able to choose, as well as choosing the outcome. I will hold it lightly as an idea as long as it works – no doubt in the long term “owning my choice” will be better!

Alison – me too! I really think this material might offer a way of thinking about and behaving around food that leads to freedom. I’m so glad we have access to the site for a year to help it sink in!