Reply To: cannot feel what food makes me feel like

Home Forums ELO Forum cannot feel what food makes me feel like Reply To: cannot feel what food makes me feel like

Lisa C
Participant

Gunici,

I feel the same. I don’t seem to notice too many effects from food that I eat, soon after I eat. What I do notice is how all my foods that I ate seem to affects me a day or so after I eat them.

So – too much food in the afternoon, evening – not particularly more tired/ill – BUT the next morning – bloating, discomfort, too full feeling, sad feeling as I don’t feel hungry at all for breakfast, pants feel tighter… those are the ways that my overeating makes me feel like.
I usually cannot pinpoint if there actually WAS a food that disagreed with my body. In a way, it doens’t matter. What matters to me is that I chose to overeat again.
So then I have tried to work on reminding myself of what’s motivating me to NOT eat that way again the next time I eat, whenever that is in the day.
So – tomorrow morning, I want to have that light feeling I had the other morning. I want my pants to not feel tight. I want to feel good about myself because I chose to eat in a way that’s caring for myself.

How does that sound Gillian?