Reply To: Two Questions

Home Forums ELO Forum Two Questions Reply To: Two Questions

guadalupe
Participant

Hi Jennifer!

I have an issue with exercising also.. I´ve started doing stretching in the morning. Or something like that. You have 10min rutines of yoga or stretching in youtube, also you have them to it in bed. And sometimes I do them at night before sleeping. There are also joint movements routines of 10min that you move your entire body. With this 10min routines maybe you feel that you have done something. 10min is more than 0min. Is what I tell myself..

And another thing that I´ve realized about doing exercise, is that I wanted to do it to weight loss and modify the shape and size of my body. Not because I feel stronger when I do it, or for example, I can walk and talk at the same time without feeling I cant do both because I run out of breathe.

Also I´ve realized that when I do exercise with some instagram or youtube account that have a thin and toned body it makes me feel bad with myself. I start to compare, and think that she can do that because she is thin and I cant because Im fat. And no because its her work and maybe she exercises 5hours a day 6 days a week. And I do it 10minutes somedays a week… And also that videos made me think even more about weightloss and that circle of thinking in dieting and that. Ive realized this once I did a stretching class with a video of a guy. i didn´t compare myself at all, and I enjoy the exercise.

So once I ve realized that, Ive started to whatch videos of fat people exercising. So when I see her doing something I cant do it, for example a yoga position, or 10 repetitions of some exercise. I know and I tell myself that I cant do it no because Im fat, I cant do it just because I dont try it everyday… Im not used to do that movements.
Is like when someone else do something you dont (painting, cooking, or whatever) is not because the shape and weight of your body doesnt allows you to do it and you will be able to do it if you lose 10kg or xxkg. Its just because you are not used to do that activity.