Reply To: WORKING THROUGH DESIRE WHEN I HAVE ALREADY SATISFIED IT

Home Forums ELO Forum WORKING THROUGH DESIRE WHEN I HAVE ALREADY SATISFIED IT Reply To: WORKING THROUGH DESIRE WHEN I HAVE ALREADY SATISFIED IT

Gunici
Participant

Dear Marta, english is not my mother tongue as well, but I will try my best.
Stopping to eat after some amount of sugary food, ie after starting to eat chocolate is something , i tried to do. And it is possible, but for me, the desire is extraordninary strong. If I start eating chocolate or cake i must be very conscious of my aim to stop after one piece and to work through my desire. The desire is always there to get more, I think sugar make this feelings of wanting more. But sometimes, unconsiously I eat a second piece and suddenly I notice, that again i am eating. Now I know that I will always have this desire after starting to eat sugary food and I expect it to be there.
Sometimes I work thorugh my desire before starting to eat that kind of food, sometimes I stop after a small amount and work through my desire, and sometimes, I eat unconsciuosly and after a while i notice, what i am doing.and sometimes I decide to eat the whole bar of chocolate with the outcomes of having physical problems like heartburn the next night.
I think to eat a smaller amount of food than before is a good thing to do.
I hope I could explain in a way you could understand.
greetings gunici