Reply To: Reflections on Abstinence and Follow up From Yesterday

Home Forums ELO Forum Reflections on Abstinence and Follow up From Yesterday Reply To: Reflections on Abstinence and Follow up From Yesterday

Julie Mann
Participant

Wow Renee I could have written this post myself, though I think I’d take the 10 year number and perhaps make it 30+ years.
And such huge breakthroughs.
I love seeing how you had a little “slip” and were able to move on, rather than saying what the hell and full on binging. That has been HUGE for me of late. In fact, I would say it’s my biggest area of continuous growth. I have a “slip” from my perfectionistic way of eating and instead of beating myself up and freaking out and overeating more and more, I just move on and get on with life. I also notice that I don’t feel so well after overeating and that it doesn’t give me any benefits, but in a more loving and curious and open way instead of in a very mean and militaristic way. And as I mentioned in another thread, the kinder I am, the quicker it all eases and the faster I get right back to feeling well.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing all of this.

Oh and bravo on preparing for AD before going to your MIL and using Times/Plans to help you there.