Reply To: post-over-eating

Home Forums ELO Forum post-over-eating Reply To: post-over-eating

Gillian
Participant

Liz,

“do I start introducing the foods I binge on earlier in the day?”
I introduced the idea of eating foods you binge on in Week 6 specifically to break the mindset of perfectionism (all-or-none). From what you’ve said in this post, this doesn’t seem to be a problem for you. Plus, it’s a more advanced technique and it would be good for you to grasp the basics first.

“I recognize that I need to drop my desire to weigh less.”
A first step, but is this the same as actually dropping your desire to weigh less?

“I just feel like I have a thought that I NEED treats after dinner…”
This is your addictive desire to eat, yes?

“…and that it’s normal and won’t hurt me, but now I keep finding myself feeling so so sick before bed from overeating.”
In Week 5 we looked at Addictive Mindset: it’s always there, it’s always going to justify overeating and make it seem like a sensible thing to do, it always tries to con you. The question is, are you going to believe it at the time it’s happening?

“The addictive desire tonight came with the second ice cream cone.”
An addictive desire to eat is any thought or feeling for any food you don’t need. So, your addictive desire came with the first ice cream, not the second.

Maybe you will watch the videos again some time, and take notes for yourself, as there seems to be quite a bit you’ve missed.