Reply To: Watching my A/D

Home Forums ELO Forum Watching my A/D Reply To: Watching my A/D

Louise
Participant

Hi Liz, I so recognise that loss of desire to eat, as you say to the point of aversion.

I don’t know if it will work for you, but one of my goals was to stop snacking and delaying meals, and to eat three proper meals a day. If I had binged the day before, I would still eat a healthy breakfast the next day – often something quite easy, such as fresh fruit and organic yogurt. Although I wasn’t hungry, just preparing this nice food for myself made me feel better, and kinder towards myself. I would do the same at lunchtime, and by mid afternoon I would feel better – and my addictive desire would kick in, like clockwork.

That is always my chance to work through the desire, and that’s what I do – sometimes 20 or 30 times in the space of an afternoon because the addictive desire is so persistent. But I am persistent too, and just keep reminding myself that I can always satisfy my desire, although that also means overeating and probably feeling bloated and not hungry the next day.

I have a very strong habit of overeating at night, in front of the TV, and I still do from time to time, but more often these days, I use a Plan for my evening meal, schedule another healthy snack for 10pm (such as cheese or nuts), and work through my desire if the thought of eating something sweet (such as chocolate or ice cream) pops into my head.

Recently, I haven’t even always wanted the 10pm snack, because doing this has made me more aware of when I am hungry, and when I just have an addictive desire.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Louise.