Reply To: Watching my A/D

Home Forums ELO Forum Watching my A/D Reply To: Watching my A/D

Louise
Participant

Hi Jodi, been following this thread, and was very sorry to hear how tough things are for you at the moment.

I’m sure there will be loads of suggestions for you, but one thing that sticks in my mind from the course is that you can’t decide what will happen in the future; you can only make choices now. The webinar on choice says a lot about choosing for now, so that you don’t sabotage yourself by expecting to fail in the future.

I hear you say you feel you are ‘waiting’ for the changes to happen in your brain, but in my experience at least, it has to be something you very actively engage in and do for yourself – it doesn’t just happen. What I have found works for me is re-watching the webinars, making notes about my eating, and committing heart and soul to this approach.

I have made so much progress, there are some really bad habits I have had that I don’t even think about any more. Sometimes I’m quite stunned to think, for example, that it’s months since I bought crisps or chocolate at the petrol station when filling up my car. It doesn’t really occur to me to do that these days – I just pay for the petrol and often don’t really notice all the food in the shop! I remind myself I can buy and eat those things whenever I want to, as often as I want to, and also remind myself of the consequences of that.

Good luck! Keep plugging away, as this really does work if you commit to it.