Reply To: High Carb vs. Low Carb

Home Forums ELO Forum High Carb vs. Low Carb Reply To: High Carb vs. Low Carb

Gillian
Participant

Hi Julia

I don’t think I’ve ever said that I support the keto diet, although there do seem to be health benefits from going into a state of ketosis (where the body burns its own fat) from time to time.

I’ve already made the point that there will always be controversy with regard to nutritional theories. I know this statement itself may well be controversial, as so many groups think their way is the only way. I don’t think there can ever be a “one size fits all”.

I believe I have delivered a course that “does what it says on the tin” in that it teaches people how to take control of overeating. I believe we can all go a long way with that in dealing with highly and ‘ultra’ processed foods (especially sugar), most manufactured food, industrialised seed oils, and overeating in general.

I have no interest in debating nutritional theories, or trying to promote one over another, as it’s not what this course is about. I’ve included the pages in the Extras section as people have found them helpful, and I have made it clear that:

“This is my summary of some of the current thinking on the impact of food on health. You might have different views, and as far as the ELO Course content is concerned, this doesn’t matter and won’t invalidate any part of it. As I’ve said, the line between what we really need and what is overeating will always be approximate: open to revision, controversial and individual.”