Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Home Forums ELO Forum TAKING A STAND Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Anne Marie
Participant

Thank you for bringing this up! It is something I’ve been thinking about lately also. I have made a commitment to myself to go through the weeks again one week at a time. This past week I have watched all the videos from week one on motivation and I have also read the chapters in Jillians two books that have to do with motivation. I listened, I watched, I read, and I took notes of what seemed particularly important to me in my own eating patterns.

This keeps the information fresh in my mind and I am amazed at how much more I understand it as I go through it for the second time.

Today I am reviewing my notes and doing all of the journaling exercises that were suggested for the motivation week. I have made a list of my “13 reasons why” and I am posting them around the house to remind me of my non-weight motivation.

Tomorrow I am going to begin the process of reviewing and re-watching and re-reading everything Jillian has shared on week two… Choice!

For me this is taking a stand, because it is ME making a commitment to myself to not give up on myself. Like you said, I know in my heart, mind, body, and spirit that this is the missing piece to the puzzle that has been my over eating for many decades. When I think of taking a stand, I think of myself facing myself with love in my heart and compassion in my eyes and holding my hands, saying “you can do this and I will help you.”

I look forward to hearing from more of us about what taking a stand means!