Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Home Forums ELO Forum TAKING A STAND Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Clare C
Participant

For me, taking a stand is a reminder that I actually have to do something for it to make a difference! Previously I’ve taken in the material and because it resonated so deeply and I believed I’d understood it intellectually, I realise that I was unconsciously thinking that should be enough for it to click into place.

Last week I had a week off work. I joined the Q&A session from our holiday cottage and then over the course of the week took a stand and started putting the theory into practice. I can’t overstate what a difference it has already made, just taking the time to stop and think before eating food I don’t need. I’m not being, or aiming to be, perfect and it’s been hard today now that I’m home and back to work. I’ve a long way to go but I’m taking a stand by taking action to improve my life.

I find the mp3 invaluable and if it’s not possible to listen to it all because I’m out or working, I at least remind myself that I’ve created a crazy amount of chaos in my life because of overeating and the desire I’m feeling is “just a feeling” and that “if I’m feeling it, I’m not overeating”. I also remind myself that I really can choose to go and eat whatever it is if I want to – I quite often imagine myself doing that. This really helps me with taking a stand.