Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Home Forums ELO Forum TAKING A STAND Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Liz
Participant

Thank you Julie, this is inspiring.
I keep thinking of how I want to look back on my 2020.
There’s so much unrest in the world for all of us, and depending on where you live, you may be facing another lockdown or further quarantine.
I’m learning my kids most likely won’t be returning to school. Insert crying…;)
In January 2021, I want to look back and say “WOW, WE DID IT–I KEPT 5 HUMANS ALIVE AND WELL, AND WE LEARNED A LITTLE.”
Applying this to food and overeating, I want to say “WOW, I GOT REALLY GOOD AT FEELING DISCOMFORT WITHOUT EATING OR RESEARCHING DIETS.”
I want to look back and be like “OH THE OLD ME LOVED SEEPING INTO PODCASTS AND BOOKS ABOUT DIETS, BUT THE NEW ME IS DEALING WITH THE PRESENT MOMENT.” I don’t want to be doing this next year. Nope!
My own addictive desire pops up the second I finish dinner. I have a few hours of wrangling everyone together to get to bed. For some reason, I’ve told my myself that eating Cheetos and cereal and candy at that time much more bearable.
If I own my choices, I would say “I am choosing to overeat junk because it distracts me from the discomfort of the nighttime hours.”
Sorry this post is all over the moment. But I really like focusing on where we want our headspace to be in one year and then making the changes!