Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Home Forums ELO Forum TAKING A STAND Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Julie Mann
Participant

Renee bravo. I love hearing what you are doing, so inspiring.

Here is something that confuses me about my behavior.

I took a stand yesterday. I was traveling with my boyfriend, we ate out, I made great choices and felt like I wanted to keep going and didn’t. I got present, enjoyed the evening, shifted my focus.

I didn’t sleep AT ALL last night, however. Co-sleeping has always been hard for me and this is a new relationship and then add in traveling, in a new bed/room, and I was up all night.

My day started great, but then I overate at lunch, I wasn’t even hungry when I got home because I’d eaten so much. But then I just felt so tired and wanted to sit and I seem to have linked eating and staying at the table, as my way of unwinding.

Gillian I see very clearly that I’m using extra food at dinner in these two ways: to give myself extra time seated (because I’m so tired) and/or soothing stress/avoiding discomfort.

It’s great that I’m aware of this and NOW it’s time for me to truly take a stand, even if I haven’t slept, and just go to bed!!! Because staying seated to keep eating is decidedly not taking a stand in honor of my real desires for myself.

And if this is all over the place, forgive me, it’s my very tired and overly full brain.