Hi Jessica, Gillian, Julia, Julie, Liz, Renee, Louise, Robyn, Clare, Anne Marie
What a fantastic thread.
I’m exactly where you are Jessica in your initial post. The whole all or nothing diet mentality and the procrastination I get it! I’ve attended the course taken notes rewatched the replays answered the questions….the ‘perfect’ little student. But I’ve not applied it or trialled it. I’ve not taken a stand.
I want to but fear is holding me back…all the work I’m going to have to do! Can I do it? Will it work this time? These are the questions I’m asking myself. The pull of diets is still there…the NEED to lose the weight. But it is softening. Tiny tiny steps. I am recognising my non-weight motivation more and more. If I eat rubbish I feel rubbish…foggy head, aching legs, indigestion, restless sleep, low energy, low mood. I hate feeling this way.
So I am going to take a stand…
1) STOP WEIGHING MYSELF (This is a huge one for me, but it’s keeping me locked in and feeling rebellious)
2) Put up post-it notes as reminders
3) Use visualisation to remind myself I have a choice (walk to the lake/red or black pen)
4) Unsubscibe to all weight/diet related emails and leave all weight/diet related Facebook groups
5) Post more on the forum to keep me connected and focused
6) Remind myself it’s about progress not perfection and to be kind to myself.
THANK YOU EVERYONE