Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Home Forums ELO Forum TAKING A STAND Reply To: TAKING A STAND

Julie Mann
Participant

Hi Gillian,

Thank you for this…

The strategy you are suggesting is fantastic.

I feel like I can apply this both when I’m upset or stressed and when I haven’t slept.

I say, “I’m upset/stressed/haven’t slept and so I’m much more likely to overeat. I will take this amount (plan) and then expect the addictive desire to arise and work through it and break this connection between these feelings/fatigue and overeating”.

I’m sure I will have many opportunities to practice this in the coming weeks as my boyfriend has many trips planned, all of which are lovely. And we had a wonderful time. And I am hoping to solve the sleeping issues. However, regardless, there will be other moments in life when I’m stressed or tired. And I most certainly do NOT want to keep overeating for the rest of my life.

And actually I say I want to stay seated, so eat to stay at the table and not do much. The truth is that I only take one portion at a time. I just don’t take a stand, I don’t tell myself the sentence you suggested. I then get up and go into the kitchen and prepare an entire new portion and this can repeat until I’m super full, uncomfortable, cannot get to bed early, etc.