Reply To: Sailing alone

Home Forums ELO Forum Sailing alone Reply To: Sailing alone

Julia R
Participant

Rene,
Thank you for your best wishes! Wanted to share, I first read Gillian’s books in 2014. I had difficulty putting them into practice and did some one on ones with her in 2014. Then in 2015, looking for that silver bullet, I did a program that involved hypnotism. I did that for a year, then found my way back to Gillian. I did a few one on ones again. Then in 2017 I believe is when she did her first webinar. I have done three total webinars and mixed a few one on ones in there too. I hope this does not discourage you or anyone to read how long I have worked on this. I have had forty years of addictive/overeating. And please know each one on one, each webinar, I made great strides in this journey. The forum this go round has been extra special! I think it is because there are several of us that have been on this journey for awhile and we could share at that level. That does not mean we have not learned from the newbies, because they contributed too!

Like Louise, I had an emotional situation this week. It was in the evening and I noticed I was eating my “treat”, just swallowing, being unconscious, not enjoying. So I got present. I also wanted more, because of the state I was in, but I reminded myself that was an addictive desire and my body did not need anything. It is great to be in this place while going thru an emotional upset. Louise said it well in regards to the techniques we have learned and being able to apply in all situations.

A statement that has helped me a lot: I am willing to do what is necessary…I sometimes finish it by saying “to be the weight/size my body wants to be”. I am not hooked on a number on the scale, I just want to where my body is at to be in a healthy place. When I first said this statement my reaction was one of a two year old having a tantrum saying but I want this (the items my husband brings into the home) or I want that (being able to pick whatever I want from the store shelves). However, I knew if I was going to take a stand, then I would simply do what was necessary. When I crave food my body does not need, I use this statement and it has helped me.

I am glad you have been on this journey, I have had much value from your posts. Juggling it all with children, inspired me to take time to do this work.

Gillian has created a master piece with her hard work and all her knowledge! So very grateful for her!

Stay well and continue to enjoy your journey!
Julie