Reply To: Which Fairy Godmother would you choose?

Home Forums ELO Forum Which Fairy Godmother would you choose? Reply To: Which Fairy Godmother would you choose?

Jane
Participant

Throwing in my perspective here: As a teenager I was that person who could eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound. As I became more aware of healthy foods/non-healthy foods I did start choosing what at the time was thought to be healthy foods. It was a simple non-charged choice just like I started choosing cruelty free makeup, brands of shampoo that were deemed best for my hair etc etc. There was nothing different or charged about the decision – given what I believed to be a totally free choice around the matter I chose to eat for health.

I think the decision not to choose for health, even if we didn’t gain a pound could be a rebellion for all those years that we felt like we had to do something about our weight, so we are still pushing back? The whole subject seems so highly charged now, like we are clinging on to our food no matter what. I say that from my perspective.

One other way of thinking about it: If we don’t have to go to work, do we bother washing our hair or being clean? I think most of us do. We choose to wash and be clean because its good for us and we like it. I really think it is that simple.

And sadly, I was put on a diet even when I didn’t need to lose weight by an athletic coach and, in the process, totally lost my ability to eat what I wanted and not gain weight or have such a simple outlook on food.