A few things….

Home Forums ELO Forum A few things….

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lucy.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucy
      Participant

Hi Gillian and everyone.

I have 3 questions…sorry!

1/ I am noticing the addictive desire to eat and trying to work through it, with quite good success these last few days. I still feel a niggling constant hunger in the background although the crazy, all consuming desire is less and this niggling hunger is not driving me to overeat. I can “be” with it.
      Do you think this background hunger is still desire or does the body need to adjust to eating less? after all I have been seriously over consuming for months prior to this and now I’m not so much.
      Its hard to know if this is genuine hunger, I’m sure I’m eating enough but I can feel the urge to check my calories to see how I’m doing, this probably isn’t wise I’m assuming?

2/ I feel a bit silly/embarrassed about posting this one, but, I have been feeling very tired and quite low, last week I was extremely emotional about this process, lots of tears, but it sort of felt like a release. I think the fact that I was actually facing this eating problem really sunk in, its quite a journey. I do have CFS so low energy is not unusual for me, but can this sort of work, introducing new cognitive ideas, be tiring?

3/ I love Lindt 90% dark chocolate and I know it activates the addictive desire in me. I keep it in my car and have a few squares when I have my lunch at work (or actually whenever I’m in my car, but never late in the day as it can affect my sleep.)
      So my quandary is I don’t want to not eat it or give it up, the outcome of a few squares seems negligible to me but it definitely has an addictive quality….what would you say about this?

Thanks!

Gillian
      Keymaster

Lucy,

1/ Do you think this background hunger is still desire or does the body need to adjust to eating less… Its hard to know if this is genuine hunger…
      Your addictive desire to (over)eat can certainly appear as hunger, so it’s really a process of trial-and-error to discover how much you really do need. Counting calories isn’t useful as not all calories are equal as far as your body is concerned.

2/ I have been feeling very tired and quite low… can this sort of work, introducing new cognitive ideas, be tiring?
      I’ve not heard that from clients, although it’s possible. It seems you’ve made some big changes in what you’re eating, so if you are feeling more tired than usual, it’s likely your body is adjusting to that. Or maybe (see 1/ above) you’re not eating enough? Let me know if extra fatigue and low mood persists.

3/ I love Lindt 90% dark chocolate… I don’t want to not eat it or give it up.
      Our goal is not to eliminate every single bit of overeating, to never satisfy any addictive desire. It’s enough to simply do it less. Maybe a lot less, but I never recommend 100% abstinence, unless there’s a health issue such as a problem with gluten or a peanut allergy which is a different matter entirely.

Lucy
      Participant

Thankyou Gillian,

I’m sure I’m eating enough so yes maybe its just the body adapting to the change of eating less, I know from my experience I am sensitive to changes. Hopefully this extra tiredness will ease soon. I always felt I needed extra fuel when I was having a particularly tired/low phase but now I’m thinking that probably didn’t help as it was giving the body even more work to do with all the digesting!

Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.