a little self reflection

Home Forums ELO Forum a little self reflection

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeanette
      Participant

Hello, everyone.

Just thought I’d share an update…

My mind has not been in a good “head-space” for the past couple of months, but in the past couple of days, I have been feeling a little bit better, and my intrinsic thoughts have been getting better – maybe due to being outside and exercising more, but not sure. And I have found that it is SO true for me that eating less – and eating less of the refined foods – even just at the meal the night before – has immense non-weight benefits on my body the very next day! I have the intention of keeping it up for a while since I very much like this feeling…! : )

Gillian

This is such a valuable insight, Jeanette.

Just keep in mind the magic disappearing act this motivation performs when you get plugged into weight loss as the priority – whether you’ve lost any or not 🙂

Jeanette
        Participant

Thank you, Gillian. I will!

Janet K
      Participant

That’s great Jeanette. I’m so pleased for you.
      I’m struggling at the minute. My brain is coming up with all sorts of lame excuses as to why eating something would be a great idea. I was in a better mind space a few weeks ago. Yesterday I caught sight of myself with my daughter (14,slim,gorgeous!)in a shop window and I felt like crying. Last night I just hoovered up all I could see.
      I just feel “here’s another thing you’ve failed at…..” 😩😵‍💫😱

Gillian
        Keymaster

Janet,

The “Notes on Relapse” at 6.5 will be a very useful page for you right now.

Let me know if any questions.

Janet K
      Participant

Hi Gillian
      Two things immediately jumped out
      1. I’ve totally forgotten I’ve free choice
      2. I’m not making the decision “just for now”
      Thank you Gillian. I’ve an appointment now but I think later I would like to sit down and review course material and my own notes.

Jeanette
      Participant

Thank you, Janet.
      I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling at the moment. Remember what Gillian has taught us…you’re not failing. Progress is not linear. Be imperfect. Perhaps your binge might not be so long this time. And we’re all here trying together.

Janet K
      Participant

Thanks Jeanette, you’re very kind. I’m really struggling at the minute but hopefully will get myself sorted soon. Thanks for reaching out xxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.