A lovely new experience

Home Forums ELO Forum A lovely new experience

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shems M
      Participant

Hello! Hope everyone is getting on well since the since Gillian’s incredible explanation of freedom of choice on Sunday.

I wanted to share a real win I’ve had with you all. This morning I had planned a cooked breakfast for my family. I *adore* cooked breakfasts!

I had also set an intention on Sunday (following the webinar chat) – rather than a commitment – to try out a bit of intermittent fasting where I can to help reduce my insulin resistance.

So back to this morning, I had cooked the breakfast and as I sat down, I realised I am really not hungry and I am full of energy. I gave myself the choice to eat or not. I saw the opportunity to try out a little fast.

And I did it! I didn’t have breakfast and I sat at the table quite cheerfully with my family while they ate. I imagined how delicious that bacon would be, and the eggs. And I spoke to that desire – yes yes that food would be so delicious. And also, I want to give my body a chance to rest and allow my insulin Levels to continue to drop. I reminded myself that tomorrow I can make this meal again and have as much as I like. Also that really at any moment I could eat as much as I like if I wanted to. But I chose the benefits of not eating for now. Then the desire faded after a few minutes.

In the past, when I have tried to fast or diet while feeding the family, I have needed to distract or busy myself or I have found myself very on edge during the meal, unable to concentrate on conversation, desperate for it all to end. But this felt very different! I am so grateful to be on this journey.

Shems 🙂

Gillian

Wonderful, Shems.

Thanks for posting this.

Caroline
      Participant

Wow, that’s really great, Shems! How encouraging – for you, obviously, but for me too when I read it. Thank you!

Shems M
        Participant

So pleased that you found it encouraging Caroline. I have found lots of the shared experiences here are encouraging me too 🙂

Penny B
      Participant

Brilliant news Shems! Well done. I had a brilliant moment at lunch today too – I’d made myself a coleslaw salad, and it was quite big. I took it all through to eat though. Half way through, I thought – you know what I’ve had enough. I could eat it all, and it is really nice, but you know what, I don’t think I will. Had to do a double-take! Brought up as part of the clean plate club in the past I’ve found it really difficult to leave food on my plate – so I’ve stuffed myself when I’ve given myself a big portion. I didn’t put the bowl away – I left it right there for a significant amount of time, and still didn’t eat any more! So hopefully, Shems, we’re both having break-throughs today!
      Love
      Pen

Shems M
        Participant

Hi Penny, I enjoyed reading about your break through too, thank you for sharing. Food left on a plate (anyone’s plate lol not just mine) is a huge addictive desire cue for me, so I get what a big deal it can be. Amazing you didn’t put the bowl away immediately and gave yourself time to think things through. Really love this!

Kylene
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your experience, Shems!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.