A Personal Success with Times and Plans

Home Forums ELO Forum A Personal Success with Times and Plans

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Lizzie Rockman.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lizzie Rockman
      Participant

An evening meal out has always been a challenge for me. It mostly meant overeating throughout the day prior to the booked meal (well I’ve blown my diet sort of thinking) an ‘all or nothing’ attitude to choosing from the menu and then secret eating at home to satisfy my addictive desire which had been triggered big time.
      Though eating out isn’t permissible during lockdown we did have a ‘Supper Club’ via Zoom last night with 4 other friends. The food had been ordered in from a local restaurant who were doing a takeaway curry and quiz night. It was a 4 course set menu and included pudding and a small bottle of fizz. There was lots of food, probably enough for seconds and even thirds if we wanted.
      I woke up yesterday morning thinking what a perfect day to use Times and Plans and ‘let’s see what happens’. I’m so pleased to report that it worked really well and I enjoyed my meal, feeling in control and satisfied. I didn’t over eat or cut back prior to the event (using times and Plans). I worked through the addictive desire that was triggered as I ate the dessert using the 4 steps and did it again just before I went to bed as I ‘felt like some chocolate’. I lived the day pretty much in the moment which allowed me to work through each challenge as it arose. And this morning I’ve woken up feeling calm and positive!

Gunici
      Participant

How Wonderful, Lizzie. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jasper G.
      Participant

That’s brilliant, well done!

Caroline
      Participant

That’s great, Lizzie! How encouraging! Thanks for that post 😃

Renée L
      Participant

I second everyone’s comments. So reassuring to hear how others use the techniques successfully in their everyday lives!

Lizzie Rockman
      Participant

Thank you everyone for your feedback… very uplifting!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.