Addictive desire as tool

Home Forums ELO Forum Addictive desire as tool

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kathy A
      Participant

Gillian et al,
      In the middle of the night when I woke up and felt hunger (addictive desire) I found myself in the kitchen getting ready to open the fridge; I paused, named it, took a few deep breaths, found myself thinking “but I HAVE to put something in my stomach so that I can go back to sleep!” and “I will PERISH if I don’t eat something!!” Found myself smiling at this “fake news” and realized that I had an opportunity here to use my addictive desire as a tool to hack a new brain pathway! So I thanked my a.d. and with a smile on my lips went back to bed and back to sleep. Whew! Just need to do this about 50 more times and try to be grateful for each opportunity to stretch and choose.

Renée L
      Participant

Wow!

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience. I love how you called your AD/mindset reasons “fake news”; stealing this!

Julie Mann
      Participant

I agree Renee – fake news is amazing Kathy – so funny and true! I heard one person refer to it as spam…

Anne Marie
      Participant

Kathy, I laughed right out loud when I saw your reference to fake news. That is exactly what it is, isn’t it!?! I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to be stealing that also.

Anne Marie in MA

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.