artificial sweeteners? Protein shakes?

Home Forums ELO Forum artificial sweeteners? Protein shakes?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Gillian,
      I would like to know your opionion about artificial sweeteners? I must admit that I am used to drinking a lot of diet drinks (diet coke,…). Do you think I should give up drinking such drinks or using sweeteners (also erythrit and stevia) in order to reduce the binges?
      My second question is, if it is ok to drink (low carb and low sugar, medical) meal replacement shakes instead of 2 meals a day? The third meal would be low carb with a lot of vegetables.

Excuse me for my questions, but I am really insecure what to do as I would like to make it right on your programme and to lose weight!
      Thanks in advance,
      Bettina

Gillian
      Keymaster

Hello Bettina – My understanding is that most artificial sweeteners do not support our health as they tend to be inflammatory, as I mention briefly in the “Extra” section: Your Food and Your Health. Erythritol, stevia and xylitol are thought to be the most healthy (or maybe the least unhealthy) but take great care when it comes to attempting to satisfy your desire for sugar with them, which tends not to work.

As for the meal replacement shakes, I’m thinking this would be to lose weight rather than to learn how to eat less? I’d put my money on the latter but maybe it will be best for you to find out in your own experience if meal replacements really do in fact help you towards your goals? I don’t like the idea of you not doing the shakes because I’ve told you not to!!!

It’s a complex subject and I’m happy to talk about it a bit in the webinar on Sunday, as it’s all about motivation anyway. Have you signed up for this series of webinars? If not, go to the Noticeboard in the “Extra” section. I hope you can join us on Sunday.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gillian,
      thank you for your post! You are so right with what you are writing! But it is so hard for me to “give up dieting”, even although I know it will probably be not successful. I am looking forward to Sunday.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.