But when….?

Home Forums ELO Forum But when….?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Grace
      Participant

Hi Gillian,
      I’m practising being present and noticing when the addictive desire to eat comes. I tell myself what I should and also that I’m free to eat the Particular food If I want to. However, I find myself also saying ok but when can I eat it again? Again saying whenever I like! But I’m fearful I’m slipping back into compliance and the prison. How can I avoid it tackle this?
      Thank you
      Grace

Gillian
      Keymaster

Grace, I’m not sure I understand your question and have been giving it some thought.

I don’t know if this will answer it for you, but there have been “food items” I’ve been very fond of while wanting to eat less. So what I’ve done is I’ve eaten this particular food less often, and then even less often, over time. So something I used to eat once a week becomes once a month and then once every few months.

Make your choices as you go along – rather than predicting you’ll eat it on a particular day. And notice the downside.

Let me know if this isn’t what you needed to hear!

Grace
      Participant

Hi Gillian,

I think that answers it. I feel like I was ‘tricking myself’ into never eating the thing again and therefore denying that food. But I know I do need to eat less of it.so I will try allowing it less often.
      Thank you

Gillian
      Keymaster

Grace, it will help you to notice the notion of ‘allowing’ it; it’s better to always allow and then choose less often.

A similar issue is the idea of denying that particular food. It’s possible never to eat it again but still not think of that in terms of denying it.

I’m not suggesting you never eat it again, but it’s good to see the prohibitive language.

Grace
      Participant

Brilliant, thanks Gillian.

Penny B
      Participant

Really useful – thank you Grace and Gillian

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.