Christmas parties

Home Forums ELO Forum Christmas parties

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sian
      Participant

Hello

I’ve had a couple of Christmas parties this week, plus it’s my 50th birthday next week, and I’ll be away, so people are celebrating around me lots at the moment.
      I haven’t had perfect eating for sure, but I have used plans, and working through my AD when I can. So I do feel I have tried to improve my eating this festive season.

The side effects of over eating have been hugely obvious, after not over eating for a few weeks and feeling very well mentally and physically.
      1. Bloated and uncomfortably full tummy.
      2. Not sleeping well.
      3. Tired and sluggish
      4. Giving myself a hard time psychologically afterwards

I really believe I can use this as great learning to help stick closer to the ‘bottom of the mountain’, as now I can
      CLEARLY see what it’s like to move up the mountain and I don’t like it. I choose to stay closer to the bottom.

It feels like a revelation.
      Although I’ve made mistake recently, as long as I can learn from them, I’ll be able to move on with more focussed attention.

How is everyone else coping with the silly season upon us?

Siân

Nicola
      Participant

Hi Sian,
      This was a really inspiring post – thank you! My take is the same as yours – I’ll do what I can, not expect to be perfect, and know that:
      a) this is a LOT better than I would have been eating before Gillian’s course and
      b) this time next year I will be even better!
      I am so grateful for learning about the “learning curve” with eating. For me it has always been “all or nothing” and it’s great to know that if I overeat IT’S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! I don’t need to beat myself up, I can just relax, smile, and keep moving forwards.
      Well done, keep going, and Happy Birthday!!
      Nicola x

Sian
      Participant

Way to go Nicola.
      I love your point B, that next year will be even better. That’s great optimism.

I just need to remember to make my choice “Just for Now”!

We can rock this!!!!!

Merry Christmas.

Siân

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.