Doing well but added incentive, motivation, fatty liver!

Home Forums ELO Forum Doing well but added incentive, motivation, fatty liver!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Carla
      Participant

Hi Gillian, everyone, I have been doing well this week, combining free choice and daily fasting seems to be working for me. Now I need to make even bigger changes as my doctor has told me I have fatty liver, having further tests, hopefully it is just early stages fatty liver so will be reversible.
      So now I will have more motivation re what I eat when I eat and am trying to find out more re what to eat and what to avoid, any suggestions , links will be appreciated.
      Carla

Gillian
      Keymaster

Carla,

If it’s any help to you at all, the chances are that most on this forum have some degree of fatty liver, whether or not it’s been diagnosed. The solution is LCHF and/or Keto and/or IF – and I have the impression you are well on the way there already?

A US health organisation – Virta – has published research showing improvement in fatty liver following this style of eating.

They also have videos on YouTube. Also see any YT vid by Dr Stephen Phinney who is one of their people.

Carla
      Participant

Hi Gillian, thank you !
      I will have a look but I am concerned about high fats now, well at least, cheese, cream, egg yolks, butter, etc. I guess avocados are a good fat.
      I have been doing 20 to 22 hour fasts for 5 consecutive weekdays, and a 17 hour fast today.
      I am reminding myself that I have choice and can always eat, anything and everything whenever I want, so I hope I am not being ‘compliant’. I am not going crazy when I end my fast, just having a sensible and enjoyable dinner.
      I will take a look at your suggestions, would love tp be able to eat a little cheese.
      Just had a look on the Virta website, they mention the ‘Virta treatment’ , still looking on their website to see what I can find that they have written.

Carla 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Carla.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.