Experience with gluten and others

Home Forums ELO Forum Experience with gluten and others

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      guadalupe
      Participant

Hi Gillian, and everybody.

Gillian wanted to ask you, from your experience, how long does it take from the time you stop eating gluten until you notice the benefits in your body? Digestion, intestine, joint-pain, etc.

Thanks!

Gillian
      Keymaster

Guadalupe,

When I cut out gluten I cut out all grains at the same time. I felt better within days, but who knows if it was the gluten or the grains or both?

It will certainly vary from person to person anyway, but best to try out different things to see how you feel. Sometimes it can be when you re-introduce something that you can see more clearly the effect it has on your body.

Let us know what you discover?

guadalupe
      Participant

Hi Gillian! I was 3-4 days last week without gluten and it was really good. Im suppossed to cut also grains.. but I think that cut gluten, grains and lactose, all at the same time is too much to start. To much pressure (I feel it that way) I´ll try to see how I feel without those for a day, or two. And if Im good to keep on that, or introduce one thing to see how I feel. But If I think or doing it for a week or 2 weeks I start to feel like in a cell and I dont want that. So Im gonna go day by day.

I know, from experience of last week without any gluten and lactose, and just a few grains (brown rice only) that I felt better, better digestions, no gases at all, and better in general. And then… that I´ve re-introduce them, Ive start to feel bad again..

I´ve to do the preparation for the colonoscopy and gastroscopy that I will do next Tuesday, I start this saturday. So I think this is gonna help me to clean everything and start doing things well, by thinking on my own health, and the sensations I have in my body by eating this or that. Without thinking on my weight.

Gillian
      Keymaster

Guadalupe,

You certainly have some very real non-weight motivation here. Just watch out, as serious health issues and pressure from doctors can leave you feeling like you don’t have freedom of choice any more. There’s a video about exactly that: 5.4 Advice and Choice – so take a look, especially if you feel deprived or rebellious.

You seem to understand the issues (from this course) very well. Remember the motivation theme is a matter of balance; so “without thinking on my weight” isn’t the idea as much as “when I think about my weight I remember the non-weight benefits too.” Yes?

guadalupe
      Participant

Hi! Yes, I do have real non-weight motivation, the fact is I think that sometimes I feel deprived or rebellious, or both at the same time, as I jump from one to other one (deprived->rebellious->deprived->etc)
      I´ve write it down to rewatch 5.4

And this morning I was thinking about the balance.. Im going to write them down, to see my balance. To write down weight motivations in one side, and non weight motivations in the other side. To make focus in non weight ot to see that I have so many also.

Sometimes I think, if I was going to live the rest of my life in the weight that I have today.. what would I do? In other words, if the nr of the balance were not to change ever again, neither up nor down. What would I do? How would I like to feel? How would I like to eat?
      And there I realize that what I want is not to lose weight but to learn to take care of myself and love myself, to heal the relationship with food. And with exercise …
      That for example, I do not want to exercise to lose weight or change the shape of my body, but I want to exercise to feel stronger, toned, better muscles and more strength and endurance.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.