For Gillian: eating when fatigued

Home Forums ELO Forum For Gillian: eating when fatigued

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bora Lee
      Participant

It’s been helpful to address one habit at a time. Would you have any suggestions, Gillian or Nyone else on the habit of eating when exhausted. I work evening and overnight shifts several times per month coming home between 2-9am. I can’t sleep continuously, waking up to get the kids to school, so I am exhausted the next day. I’ll then need a nap in the afternoon when I crash. I find that when I’m exhausted (but not tired enough to sleep well,) I start eating “for energy.” My PFC is already on fumes, and my rationale is so convincing. I’m not sure where to start. Thank you for your insight!

Gillian

Hi Bora Lee

Yes, I have a few things to say and do let me know if you want me to explain more about any of this:

1. Perhaps part of this is that you are both very stressed and hungry (in need of food although you may not feel hungry) so see if you can eat something as soon as possible, for example on the way home. Before it feels like a crisis, preferably.
      2. Have healthy foods available for these situations, with no prep needed. Fat is highly satiating, so cheese, nuts, hard-boiled eggs, plain full-fat yoghurt, etc are great. Any protein would be good too. I guess your addictive desire wants carbs “for energy”?
      3. At these times, maybe don’t rely too much on your PFC so have your low-carb snack foods ready and waiting, ear-marked for this occasion.
      4. I bet the “not tired enough to sleep well” is in fact too stressed to sleep well. Eating is fine (as above) but anything else to reduce stress will make a huge difference.
      5. The schedule you’ve described is over-the-top tough, so see if you can find anything at all to delegate.

Gillian

I seem to remember, Bora Lee, that you were one of those who were interested on more on the “What the Hell” mindset.

If so, do take a look at the first half hour or so of the Q&A webinar from December 6th, where I go through that.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.