Just saying hello

Home Forums ELO Forum Just saying hello

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Penny E
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      This is my second time around for this course. I started the course in May. It made so much sense to me but I was in a time of my life where I now realise adding anything new or trying to absorb and implement new techniques was tricky. However looking back I did learn and implement more than I first thought. I sadly tho did stray away and get caught up in the shiny bright world of Weight Watchers and looked at intuitive eating online courses and some binge eating courses. I think I wanted an easy answer, apps, good and bad foods listed out for me, success stories. I wanted to be part of something and I wanted the accolades and success badges to show me how well I was doing. In the back of my mind I knew I just had to come back here but part of me just didnt want to. I was tired and working very hard in my cafe. I was tired of continued lockdowns and worrying about my business, my family, my friends and the world in general. I knew the September course was starting up but I didnt know when. Then I started to see in my inbox, emails that you were all starting to write in the forum again. I ignored the first few but then I started to read them. I logged on to start to read the replies. I then listened to Module 1 again this week and the webinar. I feel so much better already and am prepared now to do the work and come back. I have had the oppertunity to sell my cafe and have now retired and it is my 60th birthday today so I feel I am now at a time in my life where I really really want to do this. So a big hello from Melbourne Australia and a big thank you for writing on the forum. 🙂

Lulu W
      Participant

Hi Penny. I am in Brisbane, Australia and enjoyed your post and your self reflection. Big congratulations on your 60th birthday!! I hope you’ve done some good celebrating this weekend despite lockdown. Fantastic also the milestone of selling your cafe. Many years ago I owned a cafe, so I know how much work they are and I can’t imagine how you have coped with lockdown.

I have new to this course, and very much enjoying it so far – it is changing the way I think about food and keen for the new lessons to be released each week. The live call is in the middle of the night, but I eagerly await the recording.

I look forward to going through this course with you Penny. Best wishes. Lulu

Penny E
      Participant

Hey Lulu,
      Thanks so much for your birthday wishes. This is my second lockdown birthday and they are tough but also quirky and fun. And yes hospitality is hard work. I am happy to be out of it now.
      Its great that you are enjoying the course. I get so much out of the live webinars but like you I watch the recording as the time difference makes it hard to go live. Its great that we can email our questions.
      Its great to meet you.
      Penny xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.