Just saying hello, too

Home Forums ELO Forum Just saying hello, too

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeanette
      Participant

Hello, Gillian!
      Hello, everyone.

My photo add worked! : ) This is me, Jeanette. I live in Pennsylvania, USA, however, I’m originally from New York (Long Island). I just turned 48 years old and am married with two children. I first started this course in February of this year. I was really on-board and really started working with Gillian’s material for the first month and a half, and I was successful, but then I stopped. Gillian was so helpful to me in the webinars answering all of my questions and trying to figure me out! I am picking up the material again, but very slowly though. And I’m still attending the seminars and re-reading my notes. Just wanted to introduce myself… : )

Janet K
      Participant

Hi Jeanette
      Lovely to see you. Gillian was right about the photos, it definitely makes a difference to see everyone.

Perhaps you’re a bit like me, Gillian identified that I kinda jumped in and changed too much too quickly. Being aware of that helped and I’ve eased up on myself a lot. Perfection is definitely not what I’m after but relearning my “relationship” with food.

Baby steps and don’t be hard on yourself Jeanette 👣 😊

Jeanette
      Participant

Hi, Janet.

Thank you very much. Perhaps. I have started applying the techniques again, but a lot of times I don’t do it and have an “I don’t care” attitude again, which as Gillian pointed out is my addictive mindset and doing the techniques was probably extremely tough for me. I think I might give up on the “why I’m not doing it” and just “do it”. We’ll see. On the plus side, after reading Gillian’s Extras section, I have become even more conscious of buying better quality foods for me and my family. And due to covid, we’ve been cooking at home most of the time and not going out to restaurants 3 to 4 times a week, so that has helped, I think.

: )

Janet K
        Participant

Hi Jeanette
        I think we’re quite similar although I’m in UK. Im 51, married with 3 children. I’ve tried every diet going and rebellion has always set in quite quickly (after my first successful attempt but subsequent regain 🙄)

And I totally get the “not doing it”. I tried “tapping” or emotional freedom technique to help with food cravings but I just ended up not doing it!! Stupid I know, but I just felt it was another thing I HAD to do.
        I’d love to chat further with you xx

Jeanette
      Participant

Hi, Janet.

Sure! I’d love to chat further, too!

Janet K
        Participant

Jeanette
        Maybe we could motivate/support each other. Are you on Facebook?
        Xxx

Jeanette
        Participant

I don’t really use facebook; I’m only on it because of my children’s school, my community, etc… I am just learning this program as well – started in February. : )

Janet K
        Participant

Ah no problem, just a thought!

Cyndi B.
      Participant

Hello, Jeanette, Janet.. Gillian… everyone!
      I’m also just saying hello.. so thought I’d pin it here.
      I just listened to the last, July 11, webinar, and appreciate the questions and input. I’m working with the planned imperfections.. and plan on reviewing all the material from the last two weeks soon.
      It’s been 11 weeks since I found the ELO course online, luckily just as it was beginning, and I feel so much more at ease in mind, body and spirit. A two week vacation with extended family is approaching… and I’m curious / a little nervous about it… but realize I have so many resources and support here if things go “wobbly” for an extended period of time. I’m feeling really good about a new mindset about being perfect… mainly with a felt understanding that I actually don’t want to be “perfect”.. it’s not how I want to live. Just so grateful to have found this method (all of it) of reasoning and understanding!
      I’m wishing you all the best. Cyndi

Gillian
      Keymaster

Hi there, Cyndi B.

I do hope it’s cooled off a bit where you live, and that you are doing well.

Cyndi B.
      Participant

Thank you.. yes, we had three days of unusual, intense heat a couple of weeks ago, but now back to the normal Pacific Northwest summer sublime. 🙂

I am recovering from surgery, and my healing (15 days out) has been speedy and the best I could hope for.. remarkable actually. I know that having a really positive experience in May and June with the ELO course improved my metabolic health tremendously… and continues to do so. 🌻

and ps, Gillian~ I really appreciated in the webinar how you mentioned your addictive desire with the gf brownie.. how you describe not turning away from it (avoiding it), but how you STILL take the time to acknowledge the desire (and the freedom and choice, I imagine), and then observing how it affected you soon after with hunger (making that connection.) Just really helpful and encouraging to hear you normalize how AD doesn’t go away.. and that it’s not a big deal either.

Janet K
        Participant

Hi Cyndi
        So glad to hear that you’re recovering well after surgery – I’m sure that your positive mindset has helped enormously.
        I’m also coming up to a family holiday and so looking forward to it as my eldest will be home from uni.
        Hope you have a great time too!

Gillian
      Keymaster

Great news all round, Cyndi.

Jeanette
      Participant

Hi, Cyndi!

So glad to hear that you feel so much better now. I hope you have a great vacation. And, so glad to hear that your surgery and recovery has been going really well.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.