Link mentioned in Q&A webinar

Home Forums ELO Forum Link mentioned in Q&A webinar

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gillian
      Keymaster

Hi Everyone

This is the link to the information on oils and fats I mentioned in the session on Sunday 19th:

https://drcate.com/list-of-good-fats-and-oils-versus-bad/

Keep in mind you’re free to follow it or not!!! I don’t mind, either way!!!

guadalupe
      Participant

Thanks Gillian! I´ve already suscribed, and Im gonna print the chart that she has on the website to remind myself and learn the names. Thank you!

Gillian
      Keymaster

Looking at this info from Dr Cate Shanahan again, I see that oils made from “seeds” are in the “good” list, although to be used with caution with heat. I know Louise asked about hemp seed oil during the webinar.

Partly it has to do with the way the oil is manufactured, as, for example, cottonseed and sunflower oils are also made from seeds and they are most certainly not good for us. An oil that is “cold-pressed” would be much better as not gone through the mega refining process. I think that’s why artisanal grapeseed and unrefined palm oil are in the good list.

But still, the omega-6 content is a big issue with any oil used regularly, as it is inflammatory.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.