Living Limbically

Home Forums ELO Forum Living Limbically

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah MacCormick
      Participant

Hi Gillian. I have been listening to the webinar replay from Sunday and wanted to ask a question. You do a section in it where you talk about how a fixation on weight and having to lose it is directly proportionate to the intensity of addictive desire. I think you were saying that the ‘got to’s’ and ‘have to’s’ are coming from the limbic system as well as the addictive desire and that living with these two states renders you bouncing around between one limbic impulse and another. I found this a really helpful concept and just wanted to check I had got it right…

Gillian
      Keymaster

Yes, Sarah, you’ve got that right. I’d express it in a slightly different way, though.

The way I understand it is that when the limbic system becomes active with addictive desire, the aim (solution) is to get the frontal cortex (DLPFC) active.

Owning free choice is a huge part of that, so the ‘got to’s’ and ‘have to’s’ block your ability to activate that frontal part, just behind the forehead.

Sarah MacCormick
      Participant

Got it. Thanks!

Valerie
      Participant

This section has been very enlightening to me and it just makes so much sense. Thank you!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.