Loose track every few days

Home Forums ELO Forum Loose track every few days

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve K
      Participant

Hello Gillian,hello everybody else

I tend to feel great for a few days and than as if my body makes me make up for the whole days of eating less.after a few days I will get so hungry I can’t stop eating.
      Every day I write out my reasons /motivation not to overeat and also the 5 how will I eat if I have full free choice.(besides I rewatch all videos/etc).your program is so great.but what else can I do?is there somethings I can improve or do wrong?

Also do you have a Tipp on how to be so much in charge that I can listen to your Audio before ! I give into binging? I know it’s not true But it feels out of control sometimes that my mind is solely on food in that moment.(before a binge)

Thanks and have a great weekend

Monica G
      Participant

Hello Eve, I am not an expert, of course. I am learning, as you are, but I wonder whether the reason why you can’t stop eating after a few days is because the first few days you are “complying” with the process, rather than exerting choice? I have found this an issue personally. Hope that helps?

Eve K
      Participant

Hi Monica
      It sounds like that but it’s not
      I really happily choose to eat less
      But thanks for your suggestion🙏

Gillian
      Keymaster

Eve,

I’ve selected just two lines from your post at 4.1 less than a week ago:

I have to finally stop overeating and/or binge eating… 9
      I am free to decide to continue overeating and suffer from the body and mental consequences… 1

Given that the numbers at the end of these lines reflect how much you believe each statement, I am at a loss to see what it is you don’t understand. You clearly deny free choice, and yet reply to Monica, “I really happily choose to eat less.”

Eve K
      Participant

Monika how did you overcome that challenge ?
      Thank you !

I am not aware then of my true feelings I guess?thanks for the awareness Gillian!

💜

Gillian
      Keymaster

Eve,

It may help you to keep in mind that you don’t deny your freedom to eat – you deny your freedom to binge.

So it’s when your addictive desire to binge arises (every few days) that you go into rebellion. You feel taken over, compelled and cannot even listen to the mp3 because you have no sense of choice about doing a binge, and therefore no control.

It seems you have no desire to overeat (binge) for two or three days, so for those two or three days not feeling free to binge isn’t a problem.

Eve K
      Participant

So great 😊 thank you

Monica G
      Participant

That’s really helpful, Gillian. To make the difference between denying your freedom to eat vs denying your freedom to binge. Thank you!
      Eve, I wouldn’t say I have overcome the challenge, unfortunately? I’m still working on it.
      This forum is so helpful as it shows us that we are not alone 🙂
      All the best <3

Eve K
      Participant

Monika we are in this together
      Therefore more powerful as being alone 🧡

Stephanie D
      Participant

Really appreciate this thread. Thank you Eve, Gillian, & Monica.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.