- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 5 months ago by Gillian.
March 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm #2576RobynParticipant
I’m embarrassed to say that I still have a Weight Watchers membership and I fall back into using it occasionally. It’s not helping me deal with my eating issues at all and I know that by following something like that I’ll never be able to heal my weight obsession. It stops me focusing on my non weight based motivations. I feel like I do ok with Eating Less for a while and then I fall back into the old habits. HELP!!
March 27, 2019 at 3:04 pm #2577GillianModerator
Robyn, everything I cover in the course can be used for troubleshooting the kind of problem you describe. You find it all works well for a while, and then it doesn’t. This could be for many reasons, including:
– you comply for a while and then get rebellious but never grasp free choice (see week 2)
– you encounter a circumstance that triggers a particular addictive mindset (see week 5)
– you eat within certain guidelines until one day you don’t, and then it’s a case of all-or-none (see week 6)
– you use non-weight motivation for a while but when your attention is drawn back to your weight for any reason, you lose control (see week 1)
Let me know if this makes sense?
March 27, 2019 at 9:10 pm #2578RobynParticipant
Thank you Gillian and yes it all makes a lot of sense. I think I do have a better sense of free choice around what food I eat but the diet mindset puts restrictions on amounts. I’m sure that stress triggers an addictive mindset which has me focusing on my weight and I still have an all-or-none attitude.
A lot of work still to do but the awareness helps and I think the first thing I need to work on is motivation and bringing myself back to my non weight based motivations all the time. I think my focus on my weight has always been the major issue….since I was about 14!!
- This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Robyn.
March 28, 2019 at 4:43 am #2580RobynParticipant
A positive step today has been cancelling my WW membership and listening to the Webinar from session 1 again, regarding motivation.
March 29, 2019 at 8:59 am #2582GillianModerator
It sounds good, Robyn. The first step is to see the problem you’re having with greater clarity. The next step is integrating it into your thinking around food when you’re out there in your life. What you do is aim to notice when you’re out of alignment with one of these themes, and make the correction. Good to hear you’ll do a one-to-one with me soon so we can talk this through.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.