my small report

Home Forums ELO Forum my small report

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gunici
      Participant

Hello everyone, I have been in this course since October 2019. Yesterday I had my first one to one session with Gillian, which was really enlightening and very good for me.
      I just want to tell you how I am doing, and I hope my thoughts will clear up for me, too.
      I am moving forward in slow steps. The pace is good for me because I know that I can be quite euphoric, do things with enthusiasm, and let them go after a while. But this change should be stable, that’s what I wish for. Therefore I take my time. I have spent so many years with diets and with a thousand thoughts about food that now I don’t have to change everything in a short time. I also needed time to trust that I didn’t end up here again in a new diet program where someone tells me what and how to eat ( I get very rebellious..)
      I’m not!!!!I know that for sure now. It’s the best thing in terms of eating that I’ve come across so far.
      During the last year a lot has changed in my eating habits. My relationship with sugary foods is very relaxed now, I know that my AD shows up as soon as I eat something sweet. Then I work with it and decide if I want to eat more or not.
      My liver values are normal again, my blood values are good.
      I no longer eat between meals thanks to Times, that worked well and I feel good with it. (Sometimes I do snack in between meals, but without fear that everything is broken again now).
      But I eat too much, more than I need. And that is mainly a problem in the evening, or when the food is on the table and I am having a nice conversation. Then I start to take a little here and there and eat more and more.
      I eat especially a lot in the evening, and I like to have a salty snack after dinner, too. I have tried to eat less from time to time, in the evening and with the family, but it only worked for one to three days. It looked to me as if it was something really big that I had to cope with, a huge mountain. It frightened me.
      After talking to Gillian I am more confident, I am dividing the changes into small sections.I have seen a path that I want to take. She reminded me that no decision is forever, just for the moment. I don’t have to say goodbye to everything, just decide each time anew what and how much I want to eat, now. I can always go back to old habits, I can always eat more than I need. It is my decision.
      The technique Plan will be my helper, and then it will be the same as with the sweets, the desire will appear and I will talk myself through it.
      I have seen a path that I want to take. She reminded me that no decision is forever, just for the moment. I don’t have to say goodbye to everything, just decide each time anew what and how much I want to eat, now. I can always go back to old habits, I can always eat more than I need. It is my decision.
      The technique plan will be my helper, and then it will be the same as with the sweets, the desire will appear and I will talk myself through it.
      With sweets, I have properly engaged in an inner personal dialogue with the candy to decide whether I will or will not eat more of it.
      Maybe it will help me to do this with proper meals? Talking to the sausage or cheese, the bread or soup, the pasta or pizza inside, having a dialogue with every part of my meal like in a personal relationship.
      I will try it.
      In any case, I am in the right place in this course. There are so many good changes.
      I will continue to work on my non-weight motivation, on choice and on my addictive desire. And in the near future I will use the PLans technique more….
      I am happy that I can read your posts here in the Forum and that we are moving forward together.
      (I have used a translation program because English is not my native language)
      best regards Gunici

Judith
      Participant

Hi Gunici, thanks for sharing you story, hearing about other people’s experiences on the forum is invaluable.
      You must be delighted with your progress, particularly your blood results. Well done, and congratulations for recognising that slow and steady is often the best way to make progress. Like you I typically get enthusiastic at the beginning but then quickly run out steam and give up.🙁

Cheers
      Judith

Renée L
      Participant

Amazing insights and feedback, Gunici!

Thank you for sharing this as well as all of your helpful insights. I always love to hear how everyone is applying the techniques. Thank you for all of the reminders, especially that we are only choosing “for now”.

Have a great weekend, and “see” you all on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.