No changes so far, GILLIAN

Home Forums ELO Forum No changes so far, GILLIAN

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gillian,

I am trying to apply all the exercises you recommended us to notice how we experience food restrictions and to keep remembering ourselves that we can eat at any time whatever we want.

I have noticed that anxiety or stress many times comes from my strict eating rules – as I told you, I have to have lunch at 1pm, dinner at 7pm, no snacks between meals, I usually feel unsatisfied after eating so I eat more, etc.

But so far I have not been able to choose yet. In my case, I’d like to decide when to eat instead of keep following schedules, for example.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for reading me.

Best,

Anna

Gillian
      Keymaster

Anna, the first part of the course is about understanding the problem better, so when it comes to making changes you know more about what you’re doing. It’s like studying a map before you take a journey. At the beginning of the webinar for Week 1, I introduced “Three Themes” as essential core concepts in taking control of overeating – and we’ve just covered two of them so far.

I’ll speak about the third theme on Sunday: Desire. At this point it might be good for you to recognise that your rigid regime is an attempt to limit, control or maybe even eliminate your addictive (excessive) desire to eat. It probably works fairly well in that regard, but as you say, it’s not a good way to live. Does this make sense to you?

In order to develop a different strategy for your desire, the themes of motivation and choice are crucial.

Please let me have any questions about this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.