Not a good weekend

Home Forums ELO Forum Not a good weekend

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Sian.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicola
      Participant

Hi Gillian and everyone,

Sorry not to be on the webinar today, Gillian. I was on my way back after staying with a friend for the weekend. It was disastrous food-wise. I just ate huge amounts of everything and didn’t even think of applying any Times or Plans, or reminding myself of my non-weight motivation or choices. I feel very, very disappointed with myself. To cap it all, one of our children took a photo of me and my friend together, and I looked the size of a house in it (in my winter coat).

The only redeeming feature of the weekend (food-wise) was that when I thought (on looking at the photo) “Oh my God I am so enormous, I have to lose weight” I then told myself, “No, you don’t, you can carry on pigging out and get even fatter. You don’t have to lose weight at all.”

I think what I have learned from this weekend is that although I have had some successes in my day-to-day routine, getting out of that routine and doing something different – staying with a friend – meant that I would have really had to start from scratch in making those connections in my brain again. So I wasn’t able to bring across any of the gains I’d made in my weekday eating patterns.

Looking forward to catching up with the webinar when it’s published.

Nicola

Gillian
      Keymaster

Nicola, I especially appreciate your insight about not bringing across gains you’d made in your weekday patterns. That’s it, I think, and you may find the webinar replay for Week 5 – now on the site – hits the nail on its head for you.

I don’t think you need to start right from scratch every time you’re in a different circumstance, but it certainly can seem a bit like that, and this Mindset video will explain, I think.

Let me know if you have any questions, of course.

Lucy
      Participant

Dear Nicola and Gillian,

I also was with a friend this weekend so could not attend the live session yesterday, I look forward to listening to it soon.
      Nicola I really understand where you are coming from re eating outside of normal routine…although I didn’t go “all out” I definitely did quite a bit of unconscious and unnecessary eating with my friend staying, I did manage to tell myself whilst eating the unnecessary things that I am free to overeat, not sure if that was helpful but hopefully….
      Anyway tomorrow is another day..

Lucy. X

Nicola
      Participant

Thank you, Lucy and Gillian. I’m just about to catch up with the webinar, so I shall look forward to that.
      I keep reminding myself that I have ben overeating for a very long time and it will take work to undo this, it’s a process and I’m on a learning curve. Non-routine times have always been really hard for me as I see them as an escape from my rules…. I am meeting the same friend this weekend for dinner so I’m going to use a Plan for that and see if I can tackle the addictive desire to overeat on one occasion.
      Onwards! x

Lucy
      Participant

Nicola yes thats very pertinent….seeing non routine times as an escape from rules..thank you for that observation, it really made me think! X

Sian
      Participant

Good luck with the weekend Nicola, let us know how you get on. Don’t be too hard on yourself though, this is learning time, not beating yourself up time.
      S

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.