Protein ‘rules’

Home Forums ELO Forum Protein ‘rules’

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Leslie
      Participant

Hi Gillian, Thanks for the webinar on Sunday-very helpful and good to hear everyone’s questions/comments. I have a question about protein. I have food ‘rules’ in my head that I’m letting go of, but I still wonder about protein. Is there any truth to protein being extra important at breakfast? Or that protein is important at every meal? Thanks.

Gillian
      Keymaster

Hi Leslie

First, keep in mind the important difference between considering any advice on nutrition and following rules (see video at 5.4).

Second, please take my answer in the context of: “this is what I do, for myself, based on what I believe”. I do eat protein at every meal, but I think the quality of the protein is the top factor to consider. I don’t buy meat from supermarkets and rarely in restaurants – even in the good old days when I might go to one! I eat the best quality I can find: grass-fed, raised as naturally as possible.

I understand that protein becomes more important with age, so the older you are the more you may need to maintain lean mass.

Having said that, I rarely eat breakfast – so no protein there!

Leslie
      Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’ll rewatch that video this week! It’s interesting how my mind keeps getting pulled into thinking there’s something I ‘should’ be doing; some food formula to follow. It takes a lot of practice and repetition to remember it’s about taking a stand and the here and now!

Gillian
      Keymaster

Leslie, I got a bit confused and then thought that your comment about “food rules” and your question about protein where actually two different things? So, the food rules you are working on letting go of are not about protein? I got it now (I think).

It may be no more than a matter of correcting assumptions about the future, in which case it’s about remembering that the future doesn’t exist.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.