Re completing this week later, Gillian

Home Forums ELO Forum Re completing this week later, Gillian

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Carla
      Participant

Hi Gillian, My brother has been in intensive care for the last 5 days which has thrown me, is it a problem if I don’t complete this weeks tasks till next week? I know we have access for one year, so am guessing it will be alright.
      I guess this is teaching me how events in life can feel like they are throwing you off track. I feel all at sea, but at the same time I feel like I “should still be able to follow the principles of facing desire and making a choice but I know I am distracted.
      He is in hospital as he is an alchoholic, and drank 2.5 litres of etheanol 95% alcohol, another addiction!
      We hope he will be alright.
      I want to not lose track, but I ordered a box of chocolate covered figs for next day delivery and ate them all one one day.
      Sorry if this post is a bit mixed up wit personal problems but they do come up and when they do I feel thrown off course, all at sea. How can we stay focused the these life events happen?
      Thanks Carla

Gillian

Yes, Carla, of course you can work on Week 6 later on. This sort of crisis is one of many reasons I offer one year membership with the opportunity to repeat the entire course three times – apart from reviewing the material and exercises at whatever pace suits you.

So sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds very tough for you, and I can hardly imagine what you’re going through.

Thinking about your question, “how can we stay focused when these life events happen?” I wonder if the question really is: “how can I cope with stressful events and difficult emotions without overeating?”

I started to open a conversation about that in our last webinar but given that it’s early on for you in the course (not even completed yet!) it may be a bit too much to expect that this sort of major life event can be managed in a more satisfactory way yet.

Having said that, the course material in Week 6 is all about relapse and getting back on track, so every bit of it will help you a great deal when you’ve got the emotional space to go through it.

I will be thinking of you, if that’s any help.

And one more thing: our next course will begin after Easter, with an Introductory Webinar on the last Sunday in April. Hopefully you will be in a good space to start the course again.

Gillian

Carla, there’s a YouTube video on the page in the EXTRAS section (Reads and Views) that may be of use to you in this situation.

It’s near the bottom of the list and it’s by Dr Rosenberg. No hurry to watch it – just when you’re ready.

Carla
      Participant

Thank you so much Gillian, I became quite tearful when reading your reply, it is so helpful and I realise I have been holding everything together, this is the first time I”ve cried. It looks like from what you’ve said that I can attend the live webinars, I thought that was just the first six week?

Will look at the links you have given me later.

Thanks for helping me to re phrase that question, it is the right one, : “how can I cope with stressful events and difficult emotions without overeating?” Carla x

Gillian

Good, Carla.

I do think that when we ask a question the right way, we are much better set to find an answer 🙂

And yes, live webinars, forum, all of it, etc.

Karen W
      Participant

So sorry to hear about your brother Carla. I hope his health soon improves. Look after yourself ❤💚💜

Karen W
      Participant

So sorry to hear about your brother Carla. I hope his health soon improves. Look after yourself ❤💚💜

Carla
      Participant

Thank you so much Karen 🙂

Caroline
      Participant

Take good care of yourself, Carla. I’m very sorry indeed to hear about your brother; what an unimaginably awful time for you. xxx

Annabelle
      Participant

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Sounds terrible. I hope he is doing OK.

guadalupe
      Participant

Sorry to hear what is happening, hope you are better.
      I have also disconnected the last weeks of the course, and what I do sometimes is listen to the videos, either at work, or at home while I make dinner or I clean, or even if I go for a walk. It is a form of being connected with the course, although I do not sit at the computer 100% to watch the video, listening always leaves you thinking and it is like working a little day by day.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.