Really helpful to rewatch working through desire

Home Forums ELO Forum Really helpful to rewatch working through desire

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Esther
      Participant

Gillian I just wanted to say how helpful I am finding being on the course again, there is so much to remind myself of that calms me down and resets my thinking.
      I was not able to watch the webinar properly last night so spent a lot of today rewatching the working through desire, it’s so easy to forget to be kind to yourself and be a bit more patient rather than all these expectations of perfection swimming round my head .
      Choosing just for now and working on one thing are my total take home messages for the day and the reminder about the physiological stuff going on in the brain also really really helps .
      Thanks again I’m looking forward to watching the webinar replay, I saw a bit ..

Gillian
      Keymaster

Esther, maybe you can find a way to remind yourself to visit this course site every now and then, just to keep in touch with the concepts you’re most likely to forget.

Thanks for posting this; it’s always good to hear about the calming effect of these ideas. Choosing for now is so liberating I do wonder how anyone manages without it.

Esther
      Participant

Good idea Gillian it really helps me especially when life takes over !

guadalupe
      Participant

Hi! And absolutelly yes Esther! Re-watching the videos and taking notes , are really helpful.
      I´ve hear the videos until week 4 already but then I sit down in front of the computer, hear and take notes. About slides, and what Gillian says. So I can incorporate, understand the issues and put them into practice.
      The worst thing at this moment for me is putting them in practice and blame myself to do no it really well, but when that black and white thoughts comes to me I try to be compassive with myself.

Liz
      Participant

I agree, Esther!
      This is my second time going through the course.
      I’m about 3 weeks late, but am restarting now.
      Homeschool and quarantine with five kids has started to let up, so I’m finding time to have the computer to myself and improve my own life, instead of my kids’…hahah!
      I can see how many rules and regulations and black and white thinking I’ve strummed up since the last course and am excited to question it all and to take back my own choice and control. 🙂

Julie Mann
      Participant

Hi All, I’ve taken the course over and over again since Gillian started offering it. Not because I haven’t had a RADICAL change with my relationship with food, but because she keeps making it better and better AND because EVERY TIME I learn something new and hear things differently. Plus as Gillian says, it works best when we “take a stand” and engage with these ideas regularly. I’m so grateful to her for giving us access for a year at a time and for repeating the course and for changing the webinars every time. So great.

sarah c
      Participant

Hi All
      I agree with you. I’ve also taken the course twice before and having to check in with this online forum/course I think will hopefully make this a more lasting change and also make me more accountable. I always felt a bit ‘on my own’ when I did it before (in person and also in this format but no website like this) and I would forget the techniques. For me the support of everyone else is really helping me.
      Best wishes all
      Sarah

Gillian
      Keymaster

Sarah, I wonder if it’s helpful for you to think of this course as something you “have to” check in with, and which will make you “more accountable”? Doesn’t seem the best way to think of it, but maybe you have a different take on this.

Julia R
      Participant

I too have taken this course more than once and I am still learning. Like Julie says, Gillian has improved and added to the course in many ways! A light bulb moment for me this week was when listening to 3.1 The Desire. I realized all the negative self talk: You are a failure! You will never get this right! You will always have extra weight! This is because I have a well developed limbic system! Now I have the opportunity to strengthen the PFC! Many of us have so much blaming, it felt good to understand the why of it all. I realize this is talking theory, now the rubber can hit the road and I can chose to practice strengthening my PFC! And weakening my limbic system, moving away from self-blame, criticism and judgement.
      Thank you Gillian for being a GENIUS!

sarah c
      Participant

Hi Gillian
      Maybe it isn’t the best way to describe it but this new format of the course is really helping me so thank you.
      Sarah

guadalupe
      Participant

Hi Gillian and Everybody !

Refering to that “have to” of rewatching or doing the course. I´ve realized in these last weeks that I sabotaged myself.
      In the sense of not taking the course daily. I say to myself: I HAVE TO sit down, whatch the course and take notes. By taking the course I mean spending time working on it, sitting down to watch the videos, taking notes as I am doing and that.
      And I have realized that sometimes I start doing anything else and not this. Its kind of sabotage myself. I see that the solution to my problem is around here, in this course, i dont take time to do it? That is, in a certain way, like it generates me resistance and I don´t get on with it. As I sabotage myself to get out of this circle of thought that leads me to the action of eating and eating.

As a result of seeing the “I HAVE TO”, I have realized that it is a matter of choice, and of rebellion and perfection.
      Because, I´ve heard all the audios, more than once. And then I star to mark them as COMPLETE when I take the time to sit down, and take notes of every word. Im doing a document with all the sections and Its like the written version of the course. So its not like Im dont doing anything, maybe is like im doing to much.
      But I ve realized that… that I start doing other things, not important ones, instead of sitting here and doing something for myself.

So, im going to change my I HAVE TO THE COURSE, because I really don´t have to, Change this I have to, to: I WANT TO THE COURSE. Because it really helps me.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.