Rules v. Plans

Home Forums ELO Forum Rules v. Plans

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Valerie
      Participant

Hi all,

I have enjoyed reading your posts and not only could I relate to so much, have gotten some great tidbits from them.

In one of the videos I remember Gillian talking about rules being bad as opposed to plans. I would really like to have Gillian talk a little more about that.

I plan menus for my family for the week. Is that ok?

Also, how might goal setting fit in to all this?

Thanks so much! Val

Gillian
      Keymaster

Val, I’ll talk about the technique I call ‘Plans’ in Week 4, and you’ll see it’s not the same as planning menus for your family, which you may well need to do, have every intention of continuing to do, and no problem with that at all. The technique called ‘Plans’ is specifically about your ability to take control of overeating. We’ll cover ‘Desire’ first in Session 3 and then go on from there.

I’m interested in your question about goal setting and how it fits in. Can you give me an example of a goal you might want to set?

Valerie
      Participant

I have almost always been a big gal. In spite of this I have been very strong and very healthy…until this past year. At my last physical, many of my numbers were borderline and I was put on blood pressure medication. After that physical and prior to this webinar, my goal was to lose weight as my healthcare provider thought that would bring my numbers back to normal and help me get off medication.

After listening to what you have had to say I feel like my goal is to no longer lose weight, but maybe to figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle to bring my numbers back to normal and get off medication?

Gillian
      Keymaster

Hi Valerie – Why don’t you take a look at what top London cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra (Honorary Consultant Cardiologist) says about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TxvkRzFMi8&t=1233s
      This video is about 30 minutes, but if you’re pushed for time just skip the first 15 minutes. He’s done quite a few talks available on YouTube so anyone can search for his name on that site.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.