Sharing some insights

Home Forums ELO Forum Sharing some insights

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Louise
      Participant

I have just been reading some of the earliest notes I made when I first started using Gillian’s approach, using her book. It’s so interesting to see some of the stages I have gone through to get where I am now.

Like the entry where I realise I am ‘using the technique to diet, not to eat less‘ and when I was eating earlier in the day solely to avoid my addictive desire. And the number of times I berate myself and promise to start again the next day!

I was hoping that might be useful for people who are working through or just joining the course. The online materials have made a big difference for me, compared with the book. Hearing Gillian explain everything in person is a big help.

I am definitely in a much better place with food now, and I often automatically eat the right sort of things. I still get addictive desire of course, especially when stressed, but I nearly always work through it, and when I don’t, it’s my choice, not a disaster.

Good luck everyone. Unlike diets and slimming clubs (I have done both), this is a technique that really does work, long term.

Julie Mann
      Participant

Yay Louise.
      And as someone who has taken Gillian’s course again, I can assure you all that each time I learn more and more and more and my growth has been extraordinary.

Louise
      Participant

Yes, Julie – and I meant to say how helpful it is to have the live questions and the forum. People have put into words some of the obstacles that have got in my way, like all the insights on perfectionism, and it is so great to have the support of fellow overeaters and dieters like you who really get it.

Julie Mann
      Participant

I fully agree Louise!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.